Maintenance Tips for Sprinkler Systems
- Make it a habit to inspect your sprinkler system regularly. Look for
unusual wet areas or dry areas. Turn on each zone manually to make sure
sprinkler heads are operating properly and adjust if necessary.
- Check for broken sprinkler risers. A broken or cracked riser can cause a
geyser (water shooting up like a fountain) or puddling (water welling up
around the sprinkler). Replace these components as soon as possible.
- Check and repair leaks at the sprinkler head.
- Check for filters or nozzles clogged with debris. These cause poor
- Replace noisy pop-up impact sprinkler heads, or heads that are not
popping up high enough.